Jobs after Hotel Management.
After completing this course at Regency College of Hotel Management you can get the job with specific job roles or designations given below:
- Assistant Manager/Restaurant Manager
- Guest Relation Executive (GRE)
- Assistant Manager Administration
- Assistant Guest Delight Manager
- Front Officer Manger
- Restaurant Captain
- Housekeeping Associate/Team leader
Skills Required In Hotel Management
- You need to have interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with different types of people.
- It is a customer contact function, so you must have excellent communication skills with a pleasing personality.
- You should be cooperative, courteous and respectful to the guests under all circumstances.
- Your analytical and logical reasoning should also be strong to handle disputes or criticisms when dealing with different types of customers.
- Minimum qualification necessary for a hotel management course is 10+2. Depending on the cost and duration of the course, one can opt for a certificate ,diploma or degree course.
- Certificate courses can be of six months to one year duration, a diploma of two years and a degree course of three year duration.
- Selection for government recognized colleges and institutes is done through the common entrance test held in April every year. The test consists of multiple choice questions in English, Reasoning, General Science and General knowledge.
- A group discussion and personal interview is conducted further to assess the personality and aptitude of the candidate before he is finally selected for the hotel management course. Private institutes too conduct tests along the same lines for selecting candidates.
Nature of work in the Hotel and Hospitality Industry
Hotel management professional puts on glistening attire with formal makeup, have smiling faces, and attractive décor, in a beautiful ambience. They get to meet and converse with new people, enjoy cuisines and delicacies from each nook and corner of the world with handsomely paid perks. The nature of work is practical, and it involves different departments. A hotel management professional can choose from various positions such as Hotel Manager, Assistant Manager, Front Office Manager, Executive Chef, Food and Beverage Manager, Restaurant and Food Service Manager, etc.
Hotel Industry provides a great working atmosphere
The workplace is not an office where the HM professional sits from 9 to 5 but a hotel where they are with people trained to be polite, friendly and warm. HM professional get to work in a dynamic atmosphere which changes on a day to day basis, and the atmosphere is always cheerful and lively.
Hospitality and Hotel Management is a creative field
The day to day work gives the HM professionals a chance to show their creativity. It is a people-oriented field. In all situations, HM professional are creating something new- food, drink or experience. Thus, they have a chance to show their creativity.
The HM entrance exam aspirants can see that this is one field which has an enormous scope and offers attractive career opportunities. Just a clear focus, consistent preparation of the topics that come in the test, and a good attempt of the entrance exam will make the future of HM aspirants, colourful and happy in the HM industry.
Salary Prospects for Hotel Management Graduates
When a student selects a subject, his main focus at that time is only on the salary he gets in future through that degree. Salary plays a pivotal role in career growth, because a lot of investment is done to earn it as well as a lot of investment to get returns from it. On the basis of knowledge we have explain the salary package available in the hotel industry. Salary parameter is on the basis of degree, knowledge and experience of the candidates.
If you are a fresher, then initially you get a package of 2 to 3 lakh rupees annually in the hotel industry. After that, 4 to 5 lakhs annually when the completed 1 to 3 years of experience. If candidates have more than 5 years of experience they can earn 5 to 10 lakhs per annum. This salary package may be change according to cities, state and country.
There is also a lot of development in the hospitality industry in the country. This industry has covered a large area, which includes everything from living to catering, better employment options are being created in it. Countless employment opportunities exist in the hospitality industry. Don’t be late just join as a Career in Hotel Management After 12th for shaping future.